What's new

Pioneer VSX-D2011 (1 Viewer)

Tor S

Auditioning
Hello,
I have a fairly old Yamaha amp, and I like the Yammie sound, but now I'm looking into buying Pioneers new THX receiver, the VSX-D2011. It has not arrived in stores yet, and hence there's not much information available on it, but it seems like a very good buy.
Link Removed
Does anyone know anything else about this model? Or, do any Pioneer receiver owners want to share some of their experiences and qualified opinions?
Thanks in advance.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
"WOW" at that price it sure sounds like a great unit, and it's not even a Elite! Hope they release it here in the U.S.!
How much would 899. pounds be in U.S dollars, I'm guessing around $1800. I have the older VSXd709 and I love it!

Wes

Tor S

Auditioning
Thanks for your reply, Wes!

Yes, it does seem like a nice piece of equipment! I think I'll go for it...

In US dollars, according to my calculations, the price would end up at around $1400 (+/-)

So, you would say that Pioneer is generally a good choice, receiver-wise?

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Yes, That receiver looks great! I have had a couple pioneers and love them. Pioneer has done this over and over on their regular line where every couple years they put out solid equipment then they seem to have a couple bad years with putting out light weight cheaply built and not thought out pieces. I think they might be on a upswing again with this unit.
Just my thoughts!
Wes

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Since it says "Tuned By Air-Studios" in the description and has the LCD Remote, it leads me to believe it's the 45TX. If your conversions were correct and 899 pounds is around $1400 US, then that would confirm that it is most likely the 45TX, since it's MSRP is $1400 US. It is selling retail for around $1200, and online as low as $850, US.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks