What's new

Pioneer VSX-828: Background Noice from Front Right Speaker/Left Speaker Louder on Analogue channels? (1 Viewer)

bradavon

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about this? -

Recently my Pioneer VSX-828 receiver's Front Right speaker has been emitting background noise and the Front Left speaker is therefore noticeably louder but only on analogue channels.

I don't mean analogue sources as this happens even when nothing is plugged into them. The source could be my Record Player, Laptop's 3.5mm port or Chromecast Audio.

But if I unplug the cable from the back of the Receiver the background noise stays there. It's particularly noticeable at loud volumes.

It's completely fine with digital channels, no background noise and therefore both speakers are the same volume.

I've tried:

1. Factory resetting the receiver.
2. Reseating the speaker cable at both ends on the Right Speaker.
3. Swapping the Front Left and Right speaker cables around.
4. Replacing the Front Right speaker cable.

I think it's speaker cable related somehow as when I initially swapped the speaker cables around and reseated the speaker cables it fixed it for a few minutes before the problem reoccurred.

Any help appreciated. I can't listen to my Christmas vinyls :(

Thank you.

bradavon

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
The amp is fixed.

All I did was open it, visually inspect it (it looked brand new) and blow a compressed air can all over it inside. Nothing obviously wrong. It's working though.

I think analogue must be more volatile or maybe something was pressing on something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks