Pioneer VSX-810S and Polk Audio Monitor 5's

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by bigpete1984, Jul 29, 2006.

1. bigpete1984

bigpete1984 Auditioning

Hi, im new to the whole idea of home audio. I have a pretty good understanding of the equipment that i would like to eventually have and of what i got. But, i dont know a whole lot about wiring, ohms, and feedback. I have the Polk Audio speakers hooked up the Pioneer receiver and for some reason the speakers are crackling and popping at any level of volume. The only thing that i can think of, is that the speaker wire is getting interference from somewhere. I just bought some banana clips and hope that this might help to get a better connection. I also bought some nice audio cables to hook up from the DVD player(Pioneer DV-414) which i thought would also help. But i dont really know whats going and would really like some suggestions. Also, the speakers sound really good when they work and they work sometimes. So someone please help. Thanks for the help in advance.

Pete

2. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

If you have another set of speakers or any speaker (it can be a car speaker) and connect it to the receiver to see if the problem is still there. I am guessing that all your speakers are replicating the same crackling sound, so it probably is the receiver. I would check with another speaker if you can, but it is not likely that all you speakers make the same noise at the same time (probably impossible). If the receiver is still under waranty then you could send it to Pioneer Service, but by reading reviews of this receiver alone it sounds like this receiver has frequent problems and the Pioneer Service is terrible. Maybe you should buy an Onkyo, Denon, Harman Kardon, or a Yamaha.

Seth=L