Pioneer VSX-59TXI

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by CalvinCarr, Jun 22, 2004.

1. CalvinCarr

CalvinCarr Supporting Actor

Does anyone have any experience with this AVR? It list for $4500.00 and seems to have a lot of options. Does anyone know if the 160w x 7 is all channels driven? The thing weighs 68 lbs. so it seems beefy.

2. CalvinCarr

Does anyone have any experience with this AVR? It list for $4500.00 and seems to have a lot of options. Does anyone know if the 160w x 7 is all channels driven? The thing weighs 68 lbs. so it seems beefy.

3. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

I believe the 160w rating is for 6 ohm speakers. I think it's 130 watt for 8 ohm and I think it is all channels driven. I have the 49TXi and I just love it. They are indeed massive. I think the 59TXi offers improved remote, improvements in the auto MCACC, Prologic IIx, etc. If those aren't necessary for you, you could probably find a 49TXi for a good price. You should also check the AVS forum's reciever forum for more detailed info about the 59TXi.

4. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

I believe the 160w rating is for 6 ohm speakers. I think it's 130 watt for 8 ohm and I think it is all channels driven. I have the 49TXi and I just love it. They are indeed massive. I think the 59TXi offers improved remote, improvements in the auto MCACC, Prologic IIx, etc. If those aren't necessary for you, you could probably find a 49TXi for a good price. You should also check the AVS forum's reciever forum for more detailed info about the 59TXi.

5. CalvinCarr

Thanks for the info.

6. CalvinCarr

Thanks for the info.