pioneer VSX-53TX, should i get this,

Discussion in 'Displays' started by dajaga, May 10, 2004.

1. dajaga

dajaga Stunt Coordinator

ok im lookin in to buying a new amp soon. at my local ht store they recomended me this amp, i was woundering if that thx stuff is a scam or not i was also looking in the yamaha 1400 reciever too. i prolly wont be buying one till end of summer maybe sooner, is there any plans for a new pioneer modles in fall, one more thing im using a 5.1 speakers only im not planning on buying more surrounds for 7.1 thanks

my speakers are all paradigm
    mon7 main
    cc270 center
    adp170 surrounds
    pw2200 sub

2. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Second Unit

3. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I would also hold out for the Pioneer VSX-1014. I'm eagerly awaiting it's release. It's supposed to be essentially an Elite receiver in stantard Pioneer dress. It will have full Auto-MCACC which is currently only available in the 45TX, 53TX, 55TXi, 49TX(i) and 59TXi. It will also offer PLIIx decoding which is currently only available in the 59TXi. I will be upgrading from the 43TX mainly for the Auto-MCACC and PLIIx. I don't feel the need for moving up the line because I'm more than satisfied with the amplification of the 43TX, but I would really like the Auto-MCACC and PLIIx. With a list price of $700 and most likely a street price closer to $500 - $600 this receiver will be a steal. Most likely not having to reprogram my Pronto is another plus!

Hope this helps [​IMG]

4. Robert Fellows

Robert Fellows Stunt Coordinator

One of the diferences between the Elite line and the non-Elite line is the fact that most of the Elite's have MOSFET amps while the others have Hybrid amps.

5. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

The 1014 does have MOSFET amplification... exactly like the Elites. This receiver has Elite written all over it (other than the fact that it doesn't have Elite written on it lol).

6. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Second Unit

Can anyone explain the difference between Hybrid and MOSFET amplification, and the differences in sound/performance between the two?