What's new

Pioneer VSX-49TX vs Sunfire Ultimate Receiver (1 Viewer)

brad hi

Auditioning
hi, everyboby. first post on the Klipsch forum nothing but good things being said about the Pioneer. the only thing i can get about the Sunfire is high signal to noise. anybody here help me out? cant preview any in my area before i spend $3500+ ;)

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
if you are running Klipsch speakers, then there's no need whatsoever for the amount of power these receivers are outputting. get yourself a nice preamp and a 100-125wpc power amp and save some $$!

brad hi

Auditioning
thank you, any suggestions? i have klf 30,s for mains, 4 klf 20's for surr, and a converted klf 20 for a center

AndyHangartner

Stunt Coordinator
Brad,
what exactly are you trying to accomplish? louder for your rock, or a litte more laid back for the Klipsch? how about a moderately priced H/K 525 to do everything for you? But in answer to your question, I would take the Pioneer. Bob Carver can now use his 'Carver' name on his electronics so things may be changing for Sunfire. (don't ask the Carver story). Otherwise how about a Rotel 1066 pre and a 1075 amp for cheaper than the other two?
andy

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I have the Pioneer 49TX mated with Klipsch reference RF-5s , RC-7, and RS-7s. I beleive Kipp Jones and Bob Roulier(sp?) also have a similiar setup and both have the 49TX they are also members on this forum.

Daniel Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks