Pioneer VSX-2011 - Just when I thought I was out....they pull me back in!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Yu-Ming, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Yu-Ming

Yu-Ming Auditioning

I'm building my first home cinema system. Just when I'd settled on a Denon 3802 for amp duties, along comes the Pioneer VSX-2011(UK model)!!! This month's home cinema choice has given it a rave review.
    Has anyone demo'd this amp yet? I think its very new. Main features are as follows:
    Techtonics product description
    Particularly interesting are the USB port (which presumably comes with PC software), auto speaker calibration via a supplied microphone (this would be a godsend to am AV novice like me) and bi-amping facility for 5.1.
    Is it possible to biamp any 7 seven chanel amp so that a pair of chanels are used for each front or is this configuration option unique to the Pioneer?
    I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who's used this amp and especially for any comparisons to the Denon 3802. Stereo music is very important to me, has the Denon got a good reputation for this? It certainly seemed that way when I demo'd it, but having listened to my music through a 10W midi system for the past 10 years, I don't exactly have much to reference it against!
    According to HCC, stereo music was its one (relative) weak spots for the Pioneer - "Stereo performance is lightweight compared to its 'big daddy' VSA-AX10 model". But this is all relative, right? It may not stack up against a flagship THX-Ultra2 model costing 3x its price but I'm guessing that its going to give the one year old Denon 3802 a good run for its money.
    Anyway I'd appreciate any insight/words of comfort in to these two receivers, as all this component juggling is frying my brain!

2. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

Hi!

I assume this model is the equilivalent of the Pioneer 45 TX here in the states. You can use the pre-outs and another amp for bi-amping on any channel.

Could you scan the home cinema article and post it here - I would be very interested in reading it.

I have used a 45 for 2.5 months and I like it very much!

The MCACC is great.

Mike

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

4. Karl Erik Sylthe

Well, in that case Sopranos stole it from Godfather III.
    Be that as it may, its a beautiful steal[​IMG]
    Regards
    Karl Erik Sylthe

5. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

If the 45TX had a couple of more digital inputs I would be all over it. Looks like I am going to go with the 3803.