What's new

Pioneer VSX-1015TX no power HELP! (1 Viewer)

mikeMeyerson

Auditioning
I think my VSX-1015TX got fried in a lightning storm. UGH.

Weird thing is...it's powered through a Belkin pure AV surge/power conditioner...and 5 other components were also plugged in and all are fine. The unit was not powered up at the time of the storm.

I tried unplugging it for a while...when I plugged it back in, the standby and MCACC LED's did light up, but it wouldn't turn on...and now, nothing.

Any advice? Is there a fuse or breaker that might just need resetting?

Belkin does offer an equipment protection warranty, but of coarse, they make you jump through hoops to claim your pro-rated reimbursement.

Thanks for any info you can give.

campark43

Grip
Real Name
Campbell Park
See if there is a master on/off switch. Maybe on the back. If not your receiver is broken. Maybe your power bar needs resetting??

mikeMeyerson

Auditioning

thanks for the help...no, there's no master switch. What is a power bar and how do I reset it? (if you mean my surge protector...tried that, no luck).

I pulled the cover off looking for fuses, found 2, they are both OK. Anyone know if there are more fuses hiding in there?

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
When it's on with the MCACC light on, try pressing ENTER + VIDEO 2 keys for 2 seconds. A few years ago, our power went out when mine was on and every time I turned it on the MCACC would flash and nothing else. The above worked, resetting the unit. Hope that helps.

mijanko

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Jankowski
Hi,

A friend has the same issue due to lightning strike. There are five fuses in his unit, one on the power board near where the AC Cord connects to the PC Board (10 Amp) 2 on the far and underside of the PC Board on the secondary side of the transformer, and two others on the side of a PC Board on the opposite side of the unit from the transformer.

All fuses appear to be OK my friend's 1015 as well and it was also connected to a surge protector with all other components being OK. With this unit, when the power button is pressed, the purple light in the power button lights up for approx. 3 seconds and then goes out. This repeats with each press of the power button.

I've quickly verified the unit is OK up to the first relay, (Shining a flashlight onto the circuit board to see how parts are connected) and I believe the contactors never close on this unit. Not sure why at this point.

Do you have the same symptoms? Tried the keypress recommended, but I believe that part of the unit does not receive power. Suspect compromised component on the first powerboard which would be a pretty basic issue. Would require desoldering components and checking them. Will appreciate any ideas. I plan to check an integrated diode unit and the relay itself.

Thanks,
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobbitGolf
Recent bookmarks