What's new

Pioneer VSA-AX10I (EU Version of 49TXI) should I Biamp? (1 Viewer)

RobD

Second Unit
I recently accidently melted a tweeter (Crossover?) on one of my Maudant Short THX select main speakers which was reluctantly replaced under warranty. The dealer said the damage was caused by the amp clipping and this is because the power supply cannot drive all channels at maximum. The sound levels when this occured was very high around +8db and MCACC I later found had added a fair bit to the treble too.

While this kind of volume probably wont be used again in 5.1 mode, I was wondering if Biamping the front channels would help?

I use Stereo mode a fair bit and probably will more when I get an SACD player and I assume the power supply would be less of an issue in stereo mode. Anyones experience with biamping this amp or the near identical VSX-49/47TX would be much apprecited.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
+8 are you serious that's ludacris!!!!:eek:
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
What were you listening to at that volume?

I don't think bi-amping would solve your problem since the amps run off the same power supply. If you want to listen a+8 maybe you should think about getting a good external amp that should solve your problem or don't listen to anything at +8 again. What interests me is that the receiver didn't shutdown at that level and prevent this from happening.

Daniel Smith

RobD

Second Unit
Was listening to TopGun an uncompressed PCM Laserdisc track, it was the jet noises that probably threw it over the edge as far as I can work out. A few too many beers took the edge off it. :b

Interesting point about the shutdown, I would have thought it would too. A wire on a speaker had become disconnected once and it shut itself down then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks