What's new

Pioneer THX VSX-2012 vs. Onkyo TX NR801 (1 Viewer)

Joseph Andrew

Auditioning
I want options between these two A/V Receivers.
Both are THX. 7 Amps at 100 Watts. Both are DTS and DD and have the same amount of inputs and outputs, etc. Both MSRP are $999

The difference is that Pioneer is discontinuing the SX-2012 (replacing with basicly the same model with Elite written on it) and I can get it for ~$635, the best price on the Onkyo is ~$899. (I do not want to shop on-line because I like using GG's or CC's no interest, minium payment plans)

Are there any big differences between these two in sound performance or other features?

One more bit of information, I mostly use the Receiver for Movies. I have Atlantic Technology 270 Speakers. For Video I have a Toshiba DVD and Dish Network HDTV Receiver.

Thanks for your comments. Joe

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
I have the 800 and I love it. It was Secret's receiver of the year (2003). The 800 is the same as the 801, except without the network feature. If you can live without that, you can still find a few 800s on the shelves at a really good price.

You could save $400 by getting the 800 on-line. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Be sure to read the small print on those "no interest" plans.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
I have the 800 and I love it. It was Secret's receiver of the year (2003). The 800 is the same as the 801, except without the network feature. If you can live without that, you can still find a few 800s on the shelves at a really good price.

You could save $400 by getting the 800 on-line. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Be sure to read the small print on those "no interest" plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks