What's new

Pioneer Speakers (1 Viewer)

TheatreGuy22

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
I just started a new job within Home Theatre and I'm trying to learn the ropes, I've read up on a lot here but haven't been able to find much about Pioneer Speakers. The store I work at carries quite a few sets of the them and was wondering on your opinions/critiques/thoughts about this brand.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
I suggest trolling the web for reviews...there is plenty of great info just laying around!

troy evans

Screenwriter
I agree with Chuckg. You need to get model #s and explore the web. From what I understand Pioneer speakers are low-end at best. I'm sure you can find some reviews that do "shoot-out" comparisons between the different brands and models. Good Luck on your research and congradulations on the new job.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Pioneer does make some high end speakers but they are very proud of them. They are not a good value. Their others are lower than low end.

-Robert

TheatreGuy22

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
Alright will do, thanks guys! What (I know I hate saying it too) "popular" brands do you recommend so that I can go check out some reviewing?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Unfortunately a lot of the stuff recommended here is internet direct. That's where you get the best value. Cutting out the middle man (home theater dealers) will save you a bunch or get you better quality for your budget.

We do have a speakers section that has thousands of recommendations dating back years. Just start reading. As for auditioning, go to stores that have a dedicated listening room. You can't properly audition a speaker in Best Buy while you can hear the BOOM BOOM of the car audio section.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertigofilmfanman
Recent bookmarks