What's new

Pioneer Speakers any good? (1 Viewer)

ChrisConklin

Stunt Coordinator
I think i'm finally going to take the plunge from Dolby Surround to DD/DTS, i know i'm kinda behind, anyways i have 2 4-way Pioneer speakers up front that came w/ my midi system, 110W max @ 8 ohms, i was planning on reusing these because they are in fine shape, and then get a set of pioneer rear and center speaker in an effort to get some timbre matching. On ebay it will run like $80 max for the 3 speakers. Is this a good option or should i consider something else?

JackS

Supporting Actor
Chris- If they sound good to you ,go ahead and use them. If your going to buy new speakers, I suggest something by JBL or AR. These are speakers that are made by "real" speaker companies and and I'm guessing they can be found for about the same price as your Pioneers. Continual closeouts and company model changes make this possible. Best of luck, Jack

ChrisConklin

Stunt Coordinator
Well i think i'm gonna buy a set from ebay, S-CR400-k, center channel has 2 4inch cones and a 1 inch tweeter and surrounds have only 1 4 inch cone. Doesn't sound great but must be better than those HTIB speakers right? And my room is small so i'll be sitting about 3-4 feet max from a surround speaker. Any last cheap suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks