Pioneer shopping in LA/Long Beach

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike_P, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Mike_P

Mike_P Agent

I am visiting my brother in the Long Beach area next week. While I am there, we plan to upgrade his receiver, probably to a Pioneer VSX-D811S or a VSX-41. My brother has all Pioneer components, and he wants to stay with Pioneer.

Where are some good stores to shop for them in the Long Beach/LA area? I know the VSX-D811S will be in Circuit City, Best Buy, etc., but what about the VSX-41? Since it is a Pioneer Elite unit, I imagine we'll have to go to a real home theater store for it.

As long as I'm asking questions, where would be a good place to buy a Philips TSU2000 Pronto? On the internet I would want to be sure we are getting a new-in-the-box unit with a warranty, and at a regular store I would want a semi-reasonable price. I say this because my wife bought an RC5000 for me at a regular home theater store, and you would not believe what she paid for it.

Thanks for any assistance,

Mike P

2. Mike_P

Mike_P Agent

Anybody?

3. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Second Unit

You should check at Ken Cranes TV/Audio fo the Pioneer/Elite unit. They usually have pretty good prices and are willng to haggle

Carl

4. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

There is a Ken Cranes in Lakewood, it is outside of the shopping center. Lakewood is next to Long Beach so the drive will be short.

5. Robert James Clark

Robert James Clark Second Unit

Were you aware that Pioneer has an outlet store in the long Beach area?
    Don't know the exact address but my brother-in-law works near there and buys there all the time...

Robert