What's new

Pioneer SH453FK (1 Viewer)

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
Anyone have any experience with these speakers? These are on sale at Circuit City and I can exchange them for my Polk R15s. I havent heard these, but they seem pretty good and I will probably hear the tomorrow. These would probably fit my HT better because I have no stands and my Polks are on top of my tv right now. Any opinions are appreciated, Thank You.

L8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Miklsan K

Agent
Deepak,
I am familiar with the Pioneer SH line. While not quite audiophile grade speakers, they are surprisingly decent for the money. The 453 has a single 6 inch woofer and a passive radiator. You will definitely want to try a sub with them.

TroyV

Grip
I was wondering about these too. They are on sale at CC for 69 each. I currently have a bid in on Fluance speakers. Anyone know which is better? Fluance or these?

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
This is weird--just last week I listened to another model in that Pioneer series, the S-H252B-K, 3-Way Bookshelf Speaker System the bookshelf version with a 8" woofer. At Audioreview.com it was getting good reviews, so I got the salesguy to take them off the shelf and hook them up to an Onkyo receiver in their listening room. CDs this time were the Beastie Boys Paul's Boutique and Sade's love deluxe (this Sade album is pretty much the best sounding CD I own and the music is very slick & coooool--great mood music).

These speakers are also quite decent sounding, with clear (not bright) highs and smooth mids. Bass was difficult to judge in that large room, but I'll bet it's decent too since the woofer seems constructed out of quality materials. It even has a rubber surround, very rare in this price class. I think I found out where they saved some $$$ though: the enclosure is quite lightly-built (I'll bet each one only weighed about 15 pounds apiece). I think their normal price is only $140 per pair. To me they are totally worth that price.

Pioneer is a very large company that manufactures many raw drivers that other companies buy so I'm not surprized they can make these sound good for so low a price with their own name on the front.

LJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks