Pioneer sd533hd5

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TimMarney, Jan 17, 2002.

1. TimMarney

TimMarney Auditioning

I have been thinking searching for a wide screen rear projection and have narrowed it down to the Pioneer SD533hd5 however there are little to no reviews of this. Does anyone own or have experience with this model and let me know if it is a good choice. From what I've seen in the showrooms it has the best picture.

Thanks

2. CapnSharpe

CapnSharpe Stunt Coordinator

I got mine two weeks ago. It's worth every penny. I was looking at less expensive sets from Sony, Hitachi, and Panasonic (Toshiba wasn't available - long story). The Pioneer was well worth the extra money.

3. George Carlisle

I second the last post. Looked at Sony HW and Toshiba HX, bought the Pioneer 533. Mine was delivered on Dec 27 and I'm extremely pleased. I'm also in Northern VA and got a pretty good deal from SoundWorks in Kensington (ask for Scott and the lowest price). You can see some additional reviews at audioreview.com and hometheaterspot.com for lengthy discussions...

4. Don S

Don S Stunt Coordinator

There are a few reviews from 533 owners on Audio Review. You also will probably get a lot of information if you do a search on the 533 in the Pioneer forum over in Home Theater Spot .
    Good luck!

5. JarelJ

JarelJ Auditioning

I've had mine for 2 weeks now, and I'm thrilled with it. It is a little pricier than some of the others, but I feel it's worth it. Particularly if you are forced to watch a lot of regular cable programming, Pioneer's "Natural Wide" stretch mode is the best I found.

6. TimMarney

TimMarney Auditioning

Thanks everyone for your help. I've gone to the sites suggested and received some great info. You have all made up my mind to go buy it. Thanks again