What's new

Pioneer SD-582HD5 Problem (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Help!!

My 58" Pioneer has started acting up. :frowning:

Intermittently the picture gets light, sort of faded or washed out looking. It's as if the Black Level is dropping out or the White Level is jumping up.

It seems to do it on all sources/inputs.

I can get into the Advanced Settings, as I calibrated it not too long after I got it in 2000.

Can anyone help me as to what the problem might be? Is it a known issue with this model? Is there anything I might be able to do to fix it? (like tweaking black level, etc.)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I thought I'd bump this to see if I can get some more help on this.

It is weird. Sometimes when I turn it on, it will fluctuate like I described after a few minutes of being on. That will last anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes. Then the picture will be fine for anywhere from 30 - 45 minutes. Then it will start again. That is a general pattern but those timeframes have a lot of randomness to them also.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
The problem continues. Comes and goes. Mostly OK when first turned on, a while later it wigs out fro a period of time, then settles down again. Sometimes the cycle repeats. I guess I need to have a big screen repair guy look at it. Not sure how to find someone reliable, but not outrageously expensive.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
sounds like the power supply to me.

Ive seen this problem on a few Pioneer rptvs now

Best wishes

gregg

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Gregg, thanks for responding. Can you give me some tips on the best way to go about getting someone to look at it. Like I said, I'm concerned about finding someone reliable who's not going to try and rip me off for stuff I don't need. Do you know of any good reliable repair techs in South Florida you could recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks