Pioneer SD-533 vs. Tosh xxHX81?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Driscoll, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

My viewing is about 75% analog cable (may go to digital soon) and 25% DVDs. There is also a possibiltity that I will be able to get OTA HD broadcasts next year, but most of our viewing is going to be NTSC for several more years. So NTSC performance is very important for us, which means Mitsubishi is not an option. I have looked at a lot of Mits sets and the 480i performance is unacceptable for our viewing needs. The same is true in varying degrees for Hitachi, Sony, Panasonic and RCA.
    After a lot of research and demoing I have come down to these sets. IMO, among RPTVs the xxHX81 and Pioneer SD-533 have the best NTSC performance, plus excellent progressive and HD capabilites. The Pioneer is at the upper range of what I can afford, but I am willing to pay the extra money if the PQ really is better than the Toshiba. However, I have not been able to find anywhere to demo these units in the same store, let alone side-by-side. Has anyone had an opportunity to see them together or do an A-B comparision? Any info, opinions and experiences are appreciated. TIA
    ------------------
    Dan

2. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

^^^^
    bump
    Anyone?
    ------------------
    Dan