What's new

Pioneer SC1522 no audio from Sony UBP-X800 Blu ray? (1 Viewer)

TXArsonCop

Auditioning
Real Name
bill
Folks I am freaking clueless as to what I'm missing why I can't get audio out of this player through my receiver.

It WILL work hooked up directly to a TV and I've checked it through known good HDMI inputs on the receiver. I have a cable box and Chromecast that work fine. I can't even use the digital coaxial out from the player, no audio makes it through the receiver. Use the same, brand new certified HDMI cable and all I get is video, no audio when hooked up to the receiver.

Silly me, figured I could just unplug my buggy LG Blu ray and plug this one in and start watching..

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Are you using the HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 output from the Sony to your receiver? Make sure you have configured the X800 to match that output.

I had a similar issue with the X800 and my old Pioneer Elite 94TXH receiver using HDMI 2 for audio only to the receiver. In my case, it was a HDMI handshake issue that I was never able to resolve. I could use the digital coaxial output successfully for audio, though. I eventually ended up replacing the outdated Pioneer with a new Denon X3300.

TXArsonCop

Auditioning
Real Name
bill
Got it figured out last night. Turns out the receiver didn't like the HDMI to DVI output cable going to my geriatric Tosh RP. Unplugged it and sound came on..

Was planning to upgrade the TV but was gonna wait to see if there were any decent holiday sales. We'll see how long the family tolerates switching back and forth between two TVs. We've been hemorrhaging cash lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks