What's new

Pioneer SC-1222-k HDMI(?) problem (1 Viewer)

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
TV: Panasonic Viera P60ST60
Speakers: Magneplanar MG2A left and right channel, some small inexpensive KLH speakers for the rear and the center channel.

Receiver: Pioneer SC-1222-K
Inputs: Comcast HDDVR, Apple TV (version 1), PS3
Receiver is connected to the TV via the HDMI-2 connector which is the ARC channel. All inputs are connected to the Receiver via HDMI cables.

When I run Apple TV or PS3 (as a Blu-ray or CD player) things work fine.
When I run my cable the following has been happening regularly: When I change channels the set goes blank, and in a short time (5 seconds or so) the new channel comes on usually fine. Occasionally the video goes bonkers for a short while (5-10 seconds) bonkers = incorrect colors (as if the RGBs were switched) OR nothing but snow OR other weird things. There is no sound when the channel is changing.

Starting yesterday on a large number of our channels several times per minute the screen would go black but the sound would continue, then the picture would come back.

I have swapped HDMI cables for the HDDVR to the Receiver. No improvement.
I have connected the HDMI cable from the HDDVR to a different input on the receiver. No improvement.

At the moment I solved my problem by connecting my comcast box directly to the TV through one of the TV HDMI connectors and my receiver connected through one of the others. The (cable )TV works fine with this as do the Apple TV and PS3 hooked through the receiver which is connected to the TV

When I moved, I lost my receiver manual so it's possible that I have not configured my receiver setup correctly.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Dick

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Did it do this before you moved?My Directv does that through every AVR.You have three things figuring out resolution...

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
schan1269 said:
Did it do this before you moved?My Directv does that through every AVR.You have three things figuring out resolution...
No it did not do this before I moved but I was using Dish before I moved. And all the other inputs worked fine (as well as a Roku which I haven't connected to this machine.

So your DirectTV loses picture intermittently through a receiver?

I don't understand your third comment.

Thanks.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
When you had Dish, did you set the output at 720P or 1080i?My third comment...Cable box..."Oh, you want a new channel. I wonder what the resolution and audio will be. I'll go blank till I know."TV and AVR go "Hey, why are you blank?""Oh, I'm deciphering a different resolution than before""OK""Here you go"AVR and tv were getting x, now getting yThey go blank resetting themselves.TV goes, "hey, are we all good on on 'y' resolution now?"Cable box and avr reply, "yep"."Good, I'll show a picture "

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
schan1269 said:
When you had Dish, did you set the output at 720P or 1080i?My third comment...Cable box..."Oh, you want a new channel. I wonder what the resolution and audio will be. I'll go blank till I know."TV and AVR go "Hey, why are you blank?""Oh, I'm deciphering a different resolution than before""OK""Here you go"AVR and tv were getting x, now getting yThey go blank resetting themselves.TV goes, "hey, are we all good on on 'y' resolution now?"Cable box and avr reply, "yep"."Good, I'll show a picture "
OK, that makes sense. My Dish was 1080i since that's all my previous TV (Sony KP61-HS10) could give. Thanks Sam.

Now I need to figure out why I'm getting intermittent blanking while watching a show.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
sidburyjr said:
Now I need to figure out why I'm getting intermittent blanking while watching a show.
Welcome to cable from having a direct feed.One thing you could do, swap to component video. Unless you use(do they offer it?) 1080P VOD, you won't see any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks