What's new

Pioneer Receiver Warranty Overseas (non US) (1 Viewer)

GregMcKi

Auditioning
I'll be in the US for about 4 months and keen to pick up the Pioneer 1014. I was wondering how Pioneer's warranty applies here in Australia.

I dont think they even sell this model here..

greg

BTW I'm attempting to contact them also..

dan_pet

Auditioning
Probably non-existant or at their own discretion. But perhaps Australia has different laws.

If I (in US) were to buy a receiver from some other country because it's cheaper or only exists there, I'd have no warranty protection because it's a grey market item.

Therefore, I'd probably buy from the cheapest place I could find here and hope for the best.

GregMcKi

Auditioning
I guess at worst I was hoping I could pay shipping costs, back to an authorised dealer I intend buying from.

dan_pet

Auditioning
Well generally after 2 weeks or at some places a month after you purchase the item, you can return the item if found defective for an exchange but after that period you are on your own. But again up to them to accept your overseas return.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
If you're gonna buy a receiver abroad, make sure it's the same voltage as Austrilia (240v?)

Are there any countries close to Australia with cheap electrical gear, and also 240V? (I understand electronic gear is pretty expensive oz land)

Users who are viewing this thread