What's new

Pioneer receiver doesn't like my Polk Sub (1 Viewer)

turns31

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
I've had the Pioneer VSX 820 powering a Polk PSW10 for about 5 years now with no problems. I bought my brother's Polk PSW110 sub last week and it will not work on this receiver. I thought he sold me a bad sub so I went out in the garage and hooked it up to my old Philips receiver. Quiet but still plenty of bass. I then went over to my bros house and hooked it up to his Sony receiver. Again quiet but still bassy. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.Should be plug and play considering I'm just replacing a very similar model. I've messed with the calibration, lfe, and speaker settings to no avail. Instead of bass noise it just makes a faint crackle sound. I've also replaced the sub cable in the process. Any help would be appreciated.

turns31

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
No I have everything on A. All of the other speakers (also Polk) are working fine. All 5 are also set to small. XOver at 80. Tried every sound mode on the remote. Tried on Directv, Netflix, and PS4. As soon as I plug the old Polk sub back in it works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks