What's new

Pioneer PRO-530HDi - Should I buy? (1 Viewer)

Josh_Q_T

Auditioning
Should I buy this right now? I have an opportunity to get one for a decent price and would like to know if I should wait because of the line streaming problem.

Do you think the TV's are fixed by now?

David S

Stunt Coordinator
Josh - there is a fix kit now available, I'm having my 630 fixed next Friday. My understanding is that this fix definitly has corrected the problem - disclaimer though - its has not been very long since the first few had their sets repaired with this new kit, hence time will tell. From all my research/see Home theater Spot as well, sounds as if this will be it.

By all means, I'd recommend purchasing the 530, its a great RPTV. Yes Pioneer will not be mfg any new RPTV's, however parts and service will be availble for the long haul.

greg_t

Screenwriter
Go for it. The Elite's Rock!! I have a 530 and have not had the streaking problem yet. Even if I do, Pioneer has a fix now as David said.

JoeHard

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Pioneer SD533HD5. I was unaware of any problems.What exactly is the line streaming problem?

TerryHub

Stunt Coordinator
I just purchased a PRO-730HD two weeks ago. I have seen nothing wrong as of yet. Is there something I'm missing?

David S

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe/maybe not. Go to home theater spot/under manufacters forum/Pioneer and see sticky thread at top. Streaking problem well described there. My set started showing it 2 months after purchase, and I've waited for Pioneer to figure out a final fix (fingers crossed). On my set the "streaks" always appear when I first turn the set on and last about 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, they disappear and do not return. They do suck, I look forward to getting the fix, but the reality is I would buy this set again today, even knowing this, cause I really think it is a great set. Post fix, I'm going to get it ISF'd, and enjoy some more!!

josh_trinh

Auditioning
Sounds good. I think I'm going to wait for another month and hopefully the models coming off the line will have the fix.

greg_t

Screenwriter

I wouldn't wait too long. Pioneer has discontinued all CRT sets and are doing solely plasma. They stated by summer their CRT production facility will be retooled over to Plasma. So if you want one, you better do it soon. If you get the streaking issue, you call pioneer and they send someone out with the fix. It's not a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks