What's new

Pioneer Pro 107 Help (1 Viewer)

mdnight41

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Nightingale
I bought a 14 year old Pioneer Elite Pro 107 last week at a garage sale for $100.
After about four days of watching the TV, the power went out. When I press the "ON" button, I hear the power supply turn on the high voltage, then a click and then nothing. After trying this a few times with no different result, I tried to unplug the TV and plug it back in. When I plug in the TV, I hear the same thing, a hum like the high power transformer is kicking in, then a click like a relay is tripping, and then nothing.

I took off the rear panel to see if I could see anything obvious and was rather surprised to see what looked like a very old power supply design. Like I said above, I'm new to rear projection TV's and basically TV's in general so I'm not really sure where to start. I did a google search and find this site, and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

mdnight41

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Nightingale
Additional information:

After leaving the TV unplugged for a week, I plugged it back in to show a friend the problem I was having. This time it powered on without any problems. So I am thinking that the problem is an intermittent part in the power supply that shuts down it when it gets too hot.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Mark
Sorry no help from me.
At least it is sort of working now ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads