What's new

Pioneer Laserdisc Loading Problems (1 Viewer)

Rusty Anderson

Auditioning
Hi, everyone...

I've got an old Pioneer CLD-D504 Laserdisc combi-player thats having problems getting discs completely loaded. It does fine until it has to compress the spring in the upper disc clamp. At that point it stalls and I can hear, what sounds like, the loading motor laboring against a slipping belt. If I take the disc clamp assembly loose it loads up fine. I've inspected the clamp/bearing and it is functioning fine.

I feel like the problem is this belt. Does anybody have any experience with this problem? If so any repair advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance-RAA

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Very likely it is the belt.

I have a player which suffers from this intermittently (which I blame on my not using it enough). When this happens, I hit the "Power" button, it turns off, then I hit "Power" again & it loads up fine. Have you tried that?

lankyfrank

Auditioning
Real Name
el deuderino
I have a 504 that will load a disc fine, test mount and release fine. I can hit the side B button and send the carriage up to B side position.

When I press play, or the carriage reaches the top of the B side position and triggers autoplay, I can see the laser carriage roll into start position and it sounds like the spindle motor whirs up momentarily. But then it stops and I get a U1 error. The carriage returns or lowers and the disc ejects.

Does anybody know where to get a repair manual or schematic for this model? An exploded diagram would be most helpful.

Thanks all!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks