What's new

Pioneer Elite (1 Viewer)

I am seriously considering replacing my RCA 32" monitor with a Pioneer Pro510 HDTV. However, I do not currently have a satellite dish and since I live in a location that cannot recieve such signals due to other buildings or trees and such, I would only be able to use the TV for watching DVD's with my Pioneer DV-333 player and watching digital cable broadcast (not an HDTV signal) from my local supplier. I live close to Boston MA, and would probably be able to get some HDTV network shows over the air (would this require additional equipment?) Would I be better off choosing some other set for my needs? I want the Best picture I can get with a TV given the circumstances.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Mark!

I live in Maine and come to the Boston area quite often to do calibrations. Strongly consider the Panny 47" or the tosh 42". Both are very comparible (once calibrated) to the Pioneer. Im sure they will cost much less too.

For HD, id recommend the Dish 6000, it is a Sat receiver and with the optional over the air (OTA) module can receive local channels. I own this unit and find it very functional.

Regards

Gregg Loewen

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks