What's new

pioneer elite vsx45tx (1 Viewer)

Harold A

Stunt Coordinator
Dave,

I have had my 45 for about 3 weeks now. I love mine also.

I had a Sony DB930. I always found the sound closer to bright then neutral. I also ran my Sony and run the 45 with a Carver AV705X driving the front speakers. The 45 has a much more neutral sound to it. Really laid back. If you don't like this type of sound then the 45 might not be for you. The MCACC feature works great. It sets everything perfectly. The remote is easy to use. It does have a lot of buttons with some having several smaller labels above them. I don't think this is bad, it makes the remote easy to use. Out of all the components I have this is the best remote I have gotten to date. Of course I still use my pronto.

There was some talk on AVS forum of a member WanMan having trouble with his 45tx shutting down. He has traced it to a bad surround speaker and now his unit works fine. AVS forum has a good following of 45TX users so you can get more opinions over there.

Also, if the look of the receiver mattters and we all know it does a little bit then the 45TX can't be beat in its price range.

I would go ahead and get it you will live it.

David Harris

Stunt Coordinator
Tnx for the reply's, i orded this unit and will arrive monday, i may pair this with an external amp also, i have a ps audio ps200c available to me, that may be the way to go..
;)

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
The volume control drives me crazy, it moves too fast and it is either too load or it is not load enough. . .Its Pretty to look at. . .

Chuck Frady

Second Unit
The Volume control is digital so the speed the volume goes up or down is dependent on the speed in which you turn the knob. Turn the knob slowly the volume changes slowly.
Turn it fast, the volume changes fast.

Works perfectly for me
I love my new 45TX.

Chuck

Harold A

Stunt Coordinator
Guy,

The volume of the 45tx is adjustable in 1db increments. That is pretty standard for receviers. Most people can not tell 1db increments from each other.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Maybe it is me but using the remote to increase or decrease the volume it seems to go too fast too far either way up or down. I don't have this problem with anything else, I don't have it at all now because I use seperates, not an issue anyway just a little irritation. I do like the "Elite" series better than most of the stuff that is out there.
The problem may be resolved now anyway, I have had 3 Elite recievers over the past few years and they all acted the same way, I'm not sure the one discussed is the same way, I assumed it was from prior experience. . . How do I get out of this. . .

Brae

Supporting Actor
How in the world did I miss this thread? I know nothing of this receiver and cannot say anything about it, hehe. :b

Tor S

Auditioning
I've had my Pioneer VSX-D2011S -- which is the European equivalent to the Elite 45TX -- for four days now, and I'm very happy with it so far. It sounds very good, at whatever level, it never gives in, and it's a real looker as well (not that it matters, of course :b )
But seriously, I don't think you'll find any competition for this one at the moment, at this price level. Besides, it has features that many, more expensive receivers would kill for.
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Harold A

Stunt Coordinator
Guy,

SO you don't actually own the 45TX? I think if you did you would know how the volume works on the unit.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
My volume adjustment on the remote is just right. I guess its even a little slow if you keep it set at --- which I do when the kids are up in the morning watching TV.

One thing I noticed is that it seems the unit is hotter when the volume is set at --- db then at say -25 db. Any reason for this?

Mike

David Harris

Stunt Coordinator
I just gor my 45 yesterday, i am having a few minor problems, the remote volume controll i find awful but i will adapt...my biggest concern is the shutdown at moderately high volume levels...i have read this in other posts also...i have klipsch reference 3 with center and surrounds, and the reciever shuts down at -3...I have also seen in other posts after a break in period this shutdown
concern stopped...Yeah I didnt belive the receiver would shut down with klipsch either...but it does...by the way auto setup is good and sound is excellent...my previous receiver was the denon avr1602....

Garth

Auditioning
Mine shuts down too, I've found that any speaker in my system that reads 4ohms on my meter will shut it down. If I taken the 4 ohm speakers out of the loop or pair up another set to make 8ohms all works fine.

Brae

Supporting Actor
I would suggest a couple of things, David & Garth:

Make sure you are not using speakers nominally rated below 6-ohms as this receiver is not rated for anything below that loading.

Next, make sure you do not have a speaker that may be generating potential dead-shorts from distortion. I had an ADP surround speaker (Paradigm Studio Reference) that caused my receiver to persistently shutdown at -14dB, and once that problem was determined and isolated (I disconnected that one surround) and managed to get the receiver to +10dB without shutting down.

Just to rule out overly-poor integrated amplification, I disconnected all channels but the troubled channel and it continued to shutdown. I have since had those ADP's replaced under warranty and I am now one happy camper playing movies at 0dB (based on MCACC results) and higher.

I would urge one to accept the fact that this new product is VERY sensitive to distortion, dead-shorting conditions, etc. But, with a good set of prime speakers that have the QC inherent in the units you own you should not have a problem.

Of course, if you are trying to fill 10,000 cubic-feet of room without external amplification then you're nuts to begin with. So, what are ALL the variables in the scenarios for both of you? If you are interested, check out of threads on AVS where I conducted a healthy amount of troubleshooting to resolve my problem (numbers included).

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks