Pioneer Elite VSX37TX receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Richards, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Joe Richards

Joe Richards Auditioning

Could you guys help me out with some opinions and information about this receiver and other Pioneer receivers in the $500-$1500 range? Does the 37TX have DPL2? They have the THX certification eventhough it seems that that doesn't matter much. I was at Tweeter the other day and the Pioneer stuff has been discounted (the 37TX for $850, 36TX for either 799or 699 forget which one) and assume thats because of the newer stuff coming out (49TX). Just wondering what the deal is with Pioneer stuff and if they are worth the money?

Thanks

2. Drake

Drake Agent

Joe,

The 37TX does not have DPL2. In the Pioneer Elite line, you have to go to the 47TX to get DPL2. Expect to pay about $2600-$2800 for this one. At $850, the 37TX seems like a good deal if you can live without DPL2.

I have the 37Tx's older (by a couple of years) brother the VSX-07TX. I have been very satisified with the receiver's performance. No problems at all, even going through two moves and some abuse by a 3-year old. I've got the upgrade bug, and, with no disrespect to Pioneer Elite, I'm looking at the B&K AVR307. I'm trying to figure out a way to swing the $3400 price tag without pissing off my wife. Looks like she'll get her convertible this summer...