What's new

Pioneer Elite VSX-81TXV (1 Viewer)

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Worthwhile? Sure if when you listened to it did it made you happy. Does it have all the options you need/want? For $650, sounds like a fair price if the answer to both questions is yes.

If you haven't listened to it and are just buying based on specs and reviews, may I recommend you try to find time to audition it and possibly consider the Yamaha RX-V1600, Denon AVR-2307/2807?

Steve_Drake

Stunt Coordinator
how do you audition recievers? Even if i went to the store they are not going to have my set up attached to it?

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John

True.

Usually I do an initial audition of 2-3 receivers on the same setup (speakers, sources) with store equipment to make sure it performs at a minimum of requirements. Next, a specialty store will usually allow you to bring a receiver home (some may require a deposit/credit card info) to audition the receiver with your own system.

If you are buying at a Best Buy like store, obviously that isn't possible but they usually have a no hassle return policy. Look into it to make sure there isn't a restocking fee.

Even harder to do is buying online. Most people I know who went this route first audition at local stores.

FWIW, Pioneer Elite is generally well regarded for quality and sound. The Yamaha/Denon/Marantz/other options will all have similar specs but may just sound a little bit different in their own way which may, or may not, please you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks