Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV. Is this a good buy?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Dan_J_H., Nov 21, 2005.

1. Dan_J_H.

Dan_J_H. Stunt Coordinator

I want a receiver with HDMI. I know the 72txv is a newer model but I can't find much on personal reviews on it. I have the Pioneer Elite VSX-36TX for my upstairs HT. My (under construction) basement HT will be wired for 7.1, so the 72txv seems like a great choice. I'm open to any other brands in a similar price range that have HDMI.

2. Dan_J_H.

Dan_J_H. Stunt Coordinator

I just bought the Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi. I will be hooking it up soon.

3. Jon_Liu

Jon_Liu Stunt Coordinator

i have a review of the 74TXVi somewhere in this forum... just search the forum for it..

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

I was kind of surprised, the new 72 and 74 models from Pioneer seem to have a slightly taller cabinet as apposed to the 54 and 56 models of last year. The newer receivers seemed more prominent in appearance.

5. Yong Chan

Yong Chan Stunt Coordinator

I think you are going to be happy with the vsx 72

I set mine up a few weeks ago. The best feature is the MCACC. The HDMI also makes for very simple cable management.

The VSX74 is essentially the same except for a few additional connections like the ilink and USB connectivity.

Here's a link to a user review

review

good luck
    yc

6. Jon_Liu

Jon_Liu Stunt Coordinator

one of the things I like most is the appearance of the outter chassis. Although, as I mentioned in my review that was just linked... I don't care for the blue lights. Most others will enjoy that new addition to the look, but not me personally...