Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX Receiver & DVD Audio Bass Management

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stan T, Dec 24, 2001.

1. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Just a quick note to let you know that the Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX receiver has an analog multi-channel adjust mode that will allow you to change settings in the analog mode.

It allows you to adjust the bass & treble, crossover settings, small & large speaker settings, etc.

It also has a setting that allows you to use your rear speakers with DVD-audio so you'll have 7.1 channels instead of 5.1

I don't run a seperate sub so until I purchased this receiver I wasn't able to get the bass our of DVD audio that I wanted. Now I get unbelievable bass. I just turn the sub channel off & the bass for the LFE gets rerouted to the front mains. I turn the bass up with the tone controls & sit back & smile. I'm running full range speakers now all the way around including the rear speakers & the bass really kicks. Each of my speakers has a 300W sub in them so the bass is unbelievable.

If you're having trouble with bass management with DVD audio you might want to check this receiver out. It solved my DVD audio problems. Hope this helps.

2. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Stan,

Thats good too know.. I should have my 49TX within a week. It's a special order item at the Tweeter i deal with.

3. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Chip I hope you didn't pay too much for it. I got mine from soundpros.com for $2600 shipped. I get all my Pioneer Elite components from them. I've never had a problem with their service. You won't be able to beat their prices. Scott & Gary are great to deal with. It's a great receiver & the bass management that it offers for DVD audio is worth the price of the receiver.

It's also the first receiver that the DSP modes actually sound good. They use a special DSP chip.

You'll love the receiver!

4. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Stan,
    Actually, it's not going to cost me anything. I've had a B&K AVR-307 since last April, had a couple lemons. I paid $2900.00 for the B&K at Tweeter. My guy there is going to let me have the 49TX as an even up trade. I do like the B&K but, change is good [​IMG] Also, the 49TX has every upgrade i wish my 307 had. [​IMG]