What's new

Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX and 2 Subs? (1 Viewer)

TSOLfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Sprigler
I recently upgraded from my Pioneer VSXD-810S to a Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX. Yes, I know, quite an upgrade. The question I had, though, was on the back of the 49TX, there's two subwoofer pre-out jacks.
Has anyone experimented with this? I know it's probably overkill, but hey, they wouldn't have added it if they didn't expect people to use it:).
I was curious as to hear any results of anyone trying this before I dropped the cash for another sub. I found nothing in the manual referring to the use of 2 subs, nor any special setup instructions on adding a second sub. For example, on page 73 of the manual when it goes over connecting additional amplifiers, it complete glosses over the entire idea and doesn't even mention it.

Vishwa Somayaji

Stunt Coordinator
Quite a few people use two subs. The other category of people that use dual subs are the ones using powered towers. The powered towers like the deftech and ARs etc. have several options. You could just run a speaker wire to them and configure them as full size speakers or run high level and low level signals, uncouple the binding posts and configure the fronts as small. Two sub outs is very nice. You don't have to use it but it is there if you need it. Sure is better than splitting the signals using a Y-adaptor. Unfortunately, not many receivers or prepros have this feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks