1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer Elite VSX-47TX , I'm in love.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Besse, Sep 21, 2001.

1. John Besse

John Besse Supporting Actor

John
    For some reason I absolutly love the Pioneer Elite brand receivers. I had a VSX-36TX for a few weeks and traded it in on the Denon 3801 since it was a fully discrete DTS-ES receiver and the Pioneer was not.
    Well, the Pioneer press room has posted the new flagship receivers and I fell in love with the 2 new My DVD Collection
    My Laserdisc Collection

2. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

John I too love Pioneer Elite receivers. I currently have the VX-39TX receiver. I am looking to upgrade to the VSX-49TX. That receiver is going to be loaded. They should both be available in October. I also am looking forward to the DTS-ES Discrete & Dolby Prologic 2. Pioneer Elite receivers have excellent build quality & I've never had a problem with them. They sound great!! The VSX-49TX comes with an internal microphone that sets the speakers for you. It looks like Christmas will come early for me this year.

3. Matt Malto

Matt Malto Stunt Coordinator

Wow. The new Pioneer's look pretty sweet. Too bad it's WAY out of my price range. Looks like I'll have to stick with my VSX-36 for now.

4. Evelio Figueroa

Evelio Figueroa Second Unit

5. Jeremy Hegna

Jeremy Hegna Supporting Actor

"I've also been looking at the Denon 5802. "
    Where did you see one of those?
    Jeremy

6. Pete B

Pete B Auditioning

Have a VSX 33TX. Love the Elite series as well. Was never, and thought I'd never be a Pioneer fan. But I have been converted.

7. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

If there is one thing about the Elite products is their look.
    Elite just know how to make anything look attractive,and these receivers are no exceptions.
    The on thing about their receivers are the power amps are weak.All the previous flagship models I've heard lacked "punch" to the sound.
    I don't know if the new is any different,since I haven't heard it yet.

8. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Lewis I have the VSX-39TX and there is definitely a lot of power in the amp. It has a lot of punch. It produces incredible sound. I'm sure the VSX-49TX will be even better than that receiver as far as sound goes. Have you heard the VSX-39TX paired up with a great set of speakers? When I invite people over to watch a movie the first thing that happens is their mouth drops open & they say they've never heard a movie sound so good. I'm 100% pleased with my Pioneer Elite receiver. The VSX-39TX is my first Pioneer Elite receiver but I think I'm hooked for life with their products.

9. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer