What's new

Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX (1 Viewer)

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have or heard this Receiver and what do you think. I just sold my Onkyo TX-DS797 and I am looking to get this Elite Receiver.

Thanks

David Harris

Stunt Coordinator
The 43 tx is an excellent receiver, i was looking at this unit when i purchased the 45tx. (for the auto mcacc) The auto mcacc is a nice feature but not all that important for me as i dont use the re eq. The feature i liked better on the 43 is that you are able to use the 6 and 7th channels to biamp the front speakers, i cant figure out how to do this on the 45...enjoy 73 dharris

Antony

Agent
Hello,
I've owned a 43TX for about a month now, and love it! It replaced my ProLogic-only Denon AVR-2000 (so really, anything would have been an improvement for movies).
I debated long and hard between the Denon 4802, Denon 3803, or the Elite series. After doing a side-by-side audition of the 4802, 3802 (as the 3803 hadn't been released yet), and the 43TX, I decided the 43TX was the way to go. Granted, the 4802 did sound a bit better, but not so much as to justify the price jump.
So I then decided that if I was going to spend less $$, I may as well get the 45TX for the auto MCACC. When I went in to buy it, the place that had "reserved" one for me discovered that there was a computer error, and wouldn't have "my" 45TX for 3 weeks!!
So I settled for the 43TX, which they had in-stock, and got assurance that I could upgrade for any reason during the next 4 months.
Got the 43TX home, followed the directions for the manual MCACC and it sounds great! Don't think the extra cash to upgrade to the 45TX is worth it (now).
I also wanted to bring up that I'm running the M&K 750THX system for my front L/C/R, which are all 4ohm. So far, I have not experienced ANY issues with driving such a load (the 43TX and 45TX are spec'd to handle down to 6ohm loads). After the first night of movie watching, I did notice increased heat production over my Denon. The following day I mounted a used 120mm computer fan that I had in my toolbox to the entertainment unit. I have it mounted directly over the center of the heatsinks of the 43TX, and it barely gets warm after extended viewing!
I did not let the speaker load worry me too much because I do plan to upgrade to a separate amp for my fronts (in about a year or so).
I'm a Pioneer convert!!!!
Antony;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Antony

Agent
Sorry for the smiles. Didn't mean to insert them. I started the reply before a meeting, then clicked the mouse to send (not knowing that the cursor was over the smiles).

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
I love Pioneer converts.

I'd like to invite you Antony to do some testing with WanMan and I. We have the 45's but it would be interesting for you to try some setup's to compare with us. Check out AVSForum and the 45TX Shutdown update.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks