Pioneer Elite VSX-35TX Audio Channel Bleeding

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daren Welsh, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

I've been watching some Anime recently and since some of the DVDs are "quiet" I've been cranking my reciever up quite a bit to hear the dialogue. I noticed some faint sounds in quiet spots in the movie and that prompted me to turn my reciever up all the way with the DVD player off. When I crank it up, I can actually hear the audio from the TV audio channel (faintly). This is only noticeable when I turn it up within about "25" of the top dB value (+15 I think). So, while I won't hear any TV audio while watching most DVDs, it still concerns me. What's going on here ... and does this mean I have a bad reciever? Is the signal from the TV channel not completely switched "off" when I have it set to the DVD channel?

2. Larry B

Larry B Screenwriter

Daren:

Talk about coincidence: I was just about to post a similar observation I recently made with my Rotel pre-pro. When I finish watching a DVD and remove it from my player, I hear a faint sound from my mains which I determined was my TV (actually, the VCR, as I use it as a TV tuner).

I spoke to my dealer and he said that this sort of bleed through is not uncommon with "mass-market" prepros. (My dealer sells mostly high-end gear.)

I guess we just have to live with it.

Larry