What's new

Pioneer: Elite vs. Non-Elite (1 Viewer)

Donnie Seals

Agent
There's the Pioneer SD533HD5 53 inch RPTV for $2500.

Then there's it's Elite counterpart for about $4000.

My ol' man has a 58" Elite, and after seeing his, I knew Pioneer was the company that I wanted to go with. On the other hand, the Elite series is a bit expensive. Now, I CAN afford both sets, I just want to know what more I'm getting with the Elite set vs. what I'm missing out with the non-Elite set.

I know that...

-non elite doesn't have gold coverings, the cabinet is more of a matte finish instead of glossy, and there's no special slot for HDTV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Donnie,

There are signinficant differences between Pioneer Elite and the broadline Pioneer products. They are not cosmetic.

BTW, the price of the 53" Elite is $5399. At $4000 it's a steal and it is probably from an unauthorized dealer. Caveat emptor.

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
Donnie,
As Bill mentioned, there are many differences between the two Pioneer sets. I've had the 53" Elite for about 15 months, and could not be happier with the Pioneer product. I've seen lots of sets and the Elite has the best picture to my eyes. I purchased my Elite from an online Superstore to save some bucks and other than an issue with extended warranty, I'm sold on the Elite series. Go to a local high end shop and spend some time viewing sets of this caliber. Take along some of your favorite DVD's and take several sets for a test drive. See what looks best to you! You might check out the problem I had with an online superstore in this forum. If you decide to go with a discount price, beware of the fine details!!! But the bottom line is you can't go wrong with an Elite.
Jerry

Scott Tucker

Stunt Coordinator
Donnie, The Elite is the reference standard by wich all other RPTV's are judged. With the Elite you pick up a 2 year warranty, instead of one with Pioneer, a finer pitch screen at .52mm, new 4 element lens system, adjustable scan velecity modulation, better color purity with the better lenses, triple dynamic focus circuit better tinted protective screen,5 step color temperature control with 6500 degrees kelvin and removable kick panel for custom install. These are the differences between the two monitors. I sell the Elite and no what it can do. It is the best RPTV you can buy. The regular Pioneer is great, but they call it Elite for a reason. You said you could afford it, so spend the extra bucks and get the best.

Scott

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
I'd say the biggest diferences are:

- Screen quality
- Geometry/focus on screen edges
- Out of box quality
- Buld quality/cabinet

These are quite related to what have already been said, but I think present a users point of view in the improvements, rather than what appears on the spec sheet.

I'm not sure it's worth the price difference, considering you can get a decent FPTV for the $4k+ price tag. It's a fantastic set, but it's still only a RPTV.

Donnie Seals

Agent
Bill

One other thing, since you mentioned price, the $4000 price that I put in the earlier reply should really be about $4600. I asked the guy at Tweeter to quote me a price on a variety of items including a Denon 1600 DVD player, and when he broke it down item by item, the Elite was priced at $4600. I know Tweeter is an authorized dealer, so I'm not worried about any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks