What's new

Pioneer Elite Receiver Broken (1 Viewer)

Philips53

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven Philips
I bought this $1,300 receiver online in November '07. Now it's not working. It was "freezing up" where no remote or regular controls had any effect. Only solution was to unplug, wait, re-plug in. Now, the last time I did this, it won't power up at all.

Great receiver, especially due to programability and many HDMI inputs. Sounds great with my 5.1 JBL speaker system, and controls are great.

I assume I have no warrantee due to online purchase. I am willing to spend a reasonable price to have this repaired. It sounds like a power supply or something in the power circuitry, as everything else always works perfectly.

Where should I send/take it for repair? What is the best approach on getting this fixed.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
If it was bought from an un-authorized on-line dealer I'd shoot them an e-mail and see if they can do anything for you. Probably won't, but it doesn't hurt to ask. As for repairing it, I would look for an authorized Pioneer repair facility. Might cost a bit more but they will have the experience to repair it properly the first time. I know it's too late now but many on-line dealers offer extended warranties on non authorized sales. Might have been worth the $60 or so, even if it wouldn't have been thru Pioneer.

Vin_G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
I'm not an expert, but it sounds like a Power Supply issue to me. That may be a fairly affordable fix.

You can also check around your city for authorized Pioneer repair shop as they will be able to source the parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertigofilmfanman
Recent bookmarks