What's new

Pioneer Elite PRO-620HD has been ISF Calibrated...Pictures of my HT (1 Viewer)

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Hi gang,
The last several pieces of the puzzle were put in place a few months ago. With the addition of the Pioneer Elite PRO-620HD 58" HDTV and DV-47Ai DVD Player, my system is complete.;)
Gregg Loewen calibrated my PRO-620HD yesterday, and I just about flipped when I saw the end results of his efforts. It had been several years since I had updated my HT pics, so take a look and let me know what you think.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/...ent/28596.html
BTW, I will be updating to a Pioneer Elite VSX-49TXi receiver next summer. My wife has worked for Pioneer for nearly 15 years...can you tell??

greg_t

Screenwriter
Hey Alan,

Where did you get that component rack? I am looking for a 7 shelf unit, but haven't had much luck. I am thinking of building a flexy. Could you provide any details on who yours is manufactured by, etc? Thanks.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
greg:
from the looks of it, it appears to be a sanus systems euro rack. the rack itself is modular so you would just add shelves as needed. you can purchase the rack directly from their website or from audio advisor.
kevin t

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
That's right Kevin. It is a Sanus Euro Foundation Series Rack. I had originally bought the 5 shelf unit, but several of the shelves were damaged in shipping. I bought it from Audio Advisor. They replaced 4 of the shelves and told me to keep what I had. The damage was on the back right corner, and, with a little work, was repairable. Good thing, my unit currently uses 7 shelves.

DavidGT

Stunt Coordinator
Holy cow...now that's what Im talkin about Alan. That's sweet!
Hey lemme ask you this though, I also had my set calibrated back in 98 but that was for a non HD set and it made a big difference. Does calibration shows the same improvements with HD sets as well. Thanks

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Most definitely!! DVD's look better too!! Because my set was out of focus coming out-of-the-box, even Standard TV looks better.

I highly recommend ISF calibrations for anyone who wants the best picture quality possible from their display device!! I also would highly recommend the services of Gregg Loewen!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks