Pioneer Elite Pro-530HDi

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Keith Hancock, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Keith Hancock

Hello,

Just got my Pro530HDi delivered yesterday...I'll be buying the Avia Calibration disc very soon,in the meantime what is a safe setting for the "contrast" to avoid burn in? I want to be safe until I can adjust the set properly. 75%dvd ,25 HD/digital cable, no games.

Thanks
    Keith

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Just turn it down a bit. You're not gonna burn something in unless you put up a big bright fixed white image of something and leave it on overnight. Which you are unlikely to do.

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Hi Keith

burn can happen very quickly on a new CRT device as crts burn 20% of their phosphor during the first 100 hours of operation.

To set contrast (by eye). Put on a white field. White should look white without being a light source. Turn down the contrast until the white starts to look gray. It will go from glowing to white to gray. Gray will be when you notice a dramatice drop off in light out put. Im guessing it will be around 1/4 (or less) on your Pioneer set in std mode.

After you set contrast (white level) you will have to set black level (brightness control). after doing this check white level one last time.

try to avoid all 4x3 material and 2.35 ratio bars during the 100 hour break in period.

Happy viewing!!

Gregg