What's new

Pioneer Elite Pro 1130 plasma (1 Viewer)

anel-vr

Auditioning
I am confused! I was in the market for Pioneer elite pro 1130 50" plasma. I have found out that when you put the display away from the media box greater than 9 feet then you must buy a Digital connection cable provided by Pioneer. I am going to install this plasma about 20 feet from the media box. The length of the cable provided is only 9 feet. This 10 meter( 33ft) cable will set me back $600 plus. I am installing the media center opposite of the plasma which will be above the fire place. My room size is 14wide20'L. Apparently this cable is only made by Pioneer and this is the only way to make the TV work. This wire is the only one that connect the Media center with the monitor. Any ideas about this cable? Did anyone face this similar issue/ thanks

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
You are correct. $600 for a 10 meter cable isnt out of the ballpark as far as cabling goes either, though it is too bad they dont give you an option on the front end to purchase it. Perhaps your sales person will give you a price break if you complain a little ??
Now has anybody told you that to enable the ISF day and night modes on the display you will have to have it professionally calibrated by an ISF calibrator? This will run you another $350-$550. :)
BTW, you have one extremely nice panel.
Regards
Gregg

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
You are correct. $600 for a 10 meter cable isnt out of the ballpark as far as cabling goes either, though it is too bad they dont give you an option on the front end to purchase it. Perhaps your sales person will give you a price break if you complain a little ??
Now has anybody told you that to enable the ISF day and night modes on the display you will have to have it professionally calibrated by an ISF calibrator? This will run you another $350-$550. :)
BTW, you have one extremely nice panel.
Regards
Gregg

anel-vr

Auditioning
Hi Gregg,
Thanks for more bad news about $$caliberation, but I think it will be worth it. Now that you have concurred about the "special wire" for pioneer elite, what are the limitation on the length (run). I am going to mount it on on esie of the room. Then run the cable through a 1-1/2' raceway which is located in the attic. Then the wire will travel approximately 30 plus feet into a custom made space hold a middle atlantic rack system. I want the media box stacked in this area because it will be connected via a/c to richard gray 1200s line cond. I have had this line cond. for a year and it did a great job on the video on a rear projection TV. Anyway, I appreciate your input. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks