Pioneer elite or Mits with line doubler?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Damico, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Tom Damico

Tom Damico Auditioning

I have heard great things about the line doubler that comes as part of the Pioneer Pro Elite. But at the cost, would I be better off to buy a Mitsubishi HDTV ready TV like the WS-55907 or WS-55807 and a seperate line doubler?
    Any advice?

2. ScottL

ScottL Agent

Take a look at the new Hitachi line 53SWX01 or the 61SWX(53"/61"). They upconvert to a progressive signal with 3:2 pulldown.
    Just my 2 cents...
    Scott

3. ScottL

ScottL Agent

To more specifically answer you question :)...If you did not go with the Hitachi($3200-$4000) I would go with the pioneer elite as it has the pioneer "pure cinema" circuitry wich will give you 3:2 pulldown. I am not sure that a DVDO line doubler can do 3:2, but perhaps I am wrong.
    Scott

4. Mike Rollett

Mike Rollett Auditioning

The new DVDO Iscan Pro does 3:2 pulldown.

5. ScottL

ScottL Agent

Mike,
    Thanks for the clarification. [​IMG]
    Scott
    ------------------

6. Tom Damico

Tom Damico Auditioning

Mike:
    Since you have some knowledge of the Iscan line doubler, will the picture I can drive with a line doubler and a good model of 16x9 HDTV be comparable to the picture I would get with an HDTV with a good built in line doubler?

7. Don Beverly

Don Beverly Extra

All the DVDO models do 3:2 telecine pulldown. I have the original combined with a Toshiba TN 55" Cinema model. Two things happen, first your hooking the Iscan up to either vga or component on your set which allows all the original colors to come thru which will show up on your screen with more saturation and two, far less artifacting with film sources. I don't have a Pioneer Elite so can't comment except to say that in addition to improved image on other sets you also get the additional inputs for tivo, vcr, laser, satellite or most other video sources you care to try.