Pioneer Elite Only Has 2 Component Inputs

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jay Foster, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Jay Foster

Jay Foster Stunt Coordinator

and no HDMI or DVI. I have a BenQ 720p projector and it accepts HDMI and component. The problem is I have dvd player and a dvd recorder both of which need component hook-ups. My cable box has a DVI out. I would prefer to run them all directly to the BenQ, hopefully, with some sort of 3 to 1 connectionn order to run directly to the BenQ. Is there something out there like this?

2. Jongyoon Lee

Jongyoon Lee Stunt Coordinator

3. Jay Foster

Hey,

I appreciate the help. But, it does not have a DVI in/out and I need that for the cable box. My thought was to run 2 components (dvd player & recorder) to the switch and then run the cable box dvi out to the switch. And then from the switch run a dvi cable with a hdmi connector on the end directly to the projector.

4. Jay Foster

I found the iscan hd+ which will do what I want BUT I noticed it is HDCP compliant. I have the liteon as my component. Will the iscan "scale-down" (if that is the correct language) the image from 1080?

5. Jongyoon Lee

Jongyoon Lee Stunt Coordinator

There are professional scalers from various places, but they will cost $1,000 and up. If you are going to budget that much on a video switch, why not upgrade your receiver to 74xvi, which provides the same upconversion without adding additional device?

6. MikeNg

MikeNg Second Unit

You can run DVI to HDMI, so run the cable box direct to the Benq (there are adapters available that do this). Then get a component switcher like the one mentioned above.

7. Jay Foster

Jongyoon,

The problem with the 74txvi is that it does not have a dvi in/out and my cable box has a dvi out.

Thanks to you both because with your suggestions, I solved my problem.