What's new

Pioneer Elite: Hype or HomeTheater Heaven? (1 Viewer)

David Susilo

Screenwriter
if you want the MCACC without the MOSFET amplification, you can buy VSX-911 (?; to be released this summer) for around US$500 street (or lower).

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
I fully plan on getting a 912 soon just for comparison and taking it back after I check it out.

Matter of fact some internet guys have it in stock now.

But, I don't think it has the Equilizer section. So it would end up being pretty much the same type auto cal as HK has - I think.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
what do you mean by not having EQ section? without the EQ section, then there won't be MCACC. I read it on a Pioneer's press release, that it will be a 5-band Auto MCACC for the 912 and Manual MCACC for the 712.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
David:

Sorry.............My info from following another thread said that the EQ capabilities were not for sure. When I reviewed their website - Pioneer didn't make it clear it had a 5 band eq.

Do you have the press release?

Mike

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Sorry, I don't have the press release anymore. I received the press release about one week before CES 2003 and its in Japanese.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I have owned "Elite" products for the last 9 years. I started out with the VSX97X which was amazing and way ahead of it's time. I have never had any problems with them. I have put in them in the homes of 4 friends and they have not had any problems.
The Elites have very unique features that I think set them apart from the rest. They don't try to capitalize on something they used to be, they keep reinventing themselves and that makes them great.
Not enough power? Get an amp from Outlaw (?) and capitalize on the great processing power they have.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
David:

Pioneer's website seems to indicate that the 912 doesn't have a 5 band EQ. So anyway, I can't wait to see the first review.

If this thing has a 5 band eq - it should be the best under $500 receiver out there by far.

Mike

David Susilo

Screenwriter
I agree, it doesn't seem so. I'll shoot an e-mail to my buddy at Pioneer Indonesia and ask him the exact info regarding the EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks