Pioneer Elite DVD player problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DanielSmi, Oct 2, 2002.

1. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

I have the DV-38a and I found out last night why I hve a somewhat transparent red stripe along the right side of my tv. There is some problem with only the component output of the player where there is always some red stripe transmitted in Pr (red cable)cable. I have this on all of my movies but I don't have this problem on DVD-A's where there is some sort of still picture displayed during tracks. Also the stripe is red when there is dark colors on the right side of the screen and somewhat blueish when there are white on that side. I was watching a B&W movie (THEM!, my mom's favorite) and if I unplugged the Pr cable I lost the stripe, this didn't affect the picture any other way since there is no color signal in a B&W movie. No it's not the cable because I already tried different cables and also tried my PS2 and that didn't have the problem. So any Idea of whats causing this. I also tested the S-vid & composite cables and they don't have the stripe. Also I have the 49tx and use the up conversion so when I tested the PS2 with compoent I plugged in to the same spot I normaly plug the dvd player into. I only notice this on dvd's not video game or anything else so it's not the 49tx, I thought it might be the problem of the MPEG decoder but I don't really no anything about video. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel Smith

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

One quick way to help deduce the problem might be to use another set of component-video cables. Got a spare set lying around, or do you know somebody who can lend you a set so you can troubleshoot?

3. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

like I said I already tried different component cables and they still had the problem it's a problem with the player.

Daniel Smith