What's new

Pioneer Elite DVD Changer ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Does anyone here own a Pioneer Elite DVD changer? A friend is looking into getting one and I would just like to know if it is a good dvd player? I prefere a single dvd player but my friend wants to just load his dvd's and forget them. I guess I just want to know if the video section is good and is it a progressive player? He wants to use it with a HD TV.

BillPowers

Auditioning
I own 4 of the DVF07 300 disk changers. They are discontinued despite them still being on pioneers web site. They did not announce any replacement at this years CES show, so I assume they are abandoning the market. They are not progressive scan. You can daisy chain 2 together, but not by component video, only svideo and composite video. They do have a serial interface which is documented for controling the player.

bill powers

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Thanks Bill

Now that I think about it I dont remember seeing changers at Pioneer's booth ether. There was so much to see at CES that it was overload by the end of the day, lol. Thanks for the info I will relay this info to my friend.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dave, the last Elite DVD changers offered by Pioneer were the DV-F07 and DV-C36, the latter being a carousel model. Both were discontinued quite awhile ago. I am disappointed that Pioneer has not released replacement DVD megachangers in its regular and Elite lines, and by now, I thought they would have released a replacement for the 'C36.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks