PIONEER ELITE DVD-59avi FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by arsh, Apr 26, 2005.

1. arsh

arsh Second Unit

The BEST dvd player declared by secret.

B-STOCK, FULL WARRANTY, ORIGINAL PACKING.

$629 plus shipping and handling etc

2. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Arsh, I'd be VERY interested... I'm looking to buy one now but need multi-region capabilities so I've been looking into specialty e-tailers that offer moded units under warranty. They're all over 1k though. What condition is the player in and do you have pictures available? How long have you used it, if ever and does it operate flawlessly? What about the player itself, is it 100% new condition and free of any scoffs or surface scracthes and markings of any sort, etc? My only concern is buying this and than having to modify it afterwords. I don't know anyone who would do that to a high-end unit like this and mess with the warranty. That's why I've been leaning towards e-tailers that offer product guarantees and store warranty...

3. arsh

arsh Second Unit

Thanks for your inquiry Marcos,
    It is in absolutely, LIKE NEW/PRISTINE condition, Work flawlessly and does come with Pioneer warranty document even included in the box and has been purchased from authorized retailer.

I used it a couple times last week only. Works Excellent as it should be! My main aim was to use via firewire, and I dont have a reciever.

As I learned it could be modded to do multi region. it does do pal prog if you have pal display.

4. Skyler

Skyler Stunt Coordinator

It's the best DVD player, but it's a secret? Who says?

5. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Supporting Actor

Well, if you're kidding, all I can say is that it's such a bad joke it sounds like something *I* would say. :b

On the off chance you're serious, I think he was talking about "Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity," an internet-only a/v magazine/website/forum that regularly reviews equipment etc. and which site apparently (I haven't checked to see) liked this dvd player. A lot.

6. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

Does anyone have a link to the Secrets review? I have been looking to get one of these DVD players but the one review I found doesn't really say much.

7. Skyler

Skyler Stunt Coordinator

Secret

Looks like a good player, but not the best.

8. arsh

arsh Second Unit

"Kris Deering
    bluffer

The 3910 is a phenominal player IF you don't have any issues with macroblocking. I mentioned this in the review for the 3910 as well.

Plasmas show it the worse for some reason. Especially the Panny HD panels. Ouch.

I was referring more to players that should look great regardless of the display more then anything. The 59Avi and 3910 are breakthrough products in terms of features and build for the price, but the 3910 has the Faroudja caveat that may be a deal breaker for a lot of people.
    ""

9. arsh

arsh Second Unit

10. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

For those interested in modding the player for region free play...www.jvbdigital.com the cost, plus shipping to Michigan is appox $130. I had mine modded and couldn't be happier...for $600 + $130-it's a steal for region free play.

On the other note, Secrets (prior to the 5910 for several thousand)....declared the 3910 and 59avi the top players of the year at Secrets. Kris Deering made the annoucement at AVS several months ago.

Ron Boster

11. Skyler

Skyler Stunt Coordinator

Ron, where are you getting $600 from? [​IMG]

12. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Okay, $629

-either way it's a good deal. I don't know this member, but I am a fan of the 59avi (as an owner of one).

13. Skyler

Skyler Stunt Coordinator

LOL, I'm just playing. It was $600 yesterday. It's a mighty good player. [​IMG]