What's new

Pioneer Elite DV59-AVi DVD Player (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking to get optimal video playback capabilities out of a high end multi-function unit (if possible).

My concern is primarily in regards to my HT playback, I need clean image, no noise, etc.

Features that are important to me are: natural film-like progressive scan that's smoothe and flicker-free, high end digital to analog converter, HDMI, pixel conversion to high-def prog scan (higher pixel ratio), optional video settings for simple projector compatability, the obvious built-in Dolby & DTS outputs and decoders, high end converter for purest audio processing, the obvious general output terminals, etc.

BUT at the same time, I'm also looking to get the BEST POSSIBLE multi-function for music listening as well so that I won't have to invest additional funds into a seperate CD system. Specifically, I need something that supports multi-channel SACD and DVD-Audio formats.

While the primary focus is going to center around my HT, realistically I will probably end up getting more use out of the CD player since there is constantly music on when I'm home whereas the HT will probably get used once an evening to every second day. I NEED the richest, highest quality audio playback for my enormous 2,500+ CD collection, but I would really like go with a multi capable system where the DVD player is the prime focus.

From what I've read about this model Pioneer Elite, it's tops in both departments, but my research has primarily been in the HT / video playback field.

I'd just like to get opinions from the other end of the spectrum, how it fares in it's music/audio playback and whether it stands up as strongly in this department as it does as a DVD unit.

Do you guys think this is the right choice for my needs, or would you reccommend something else?

I'm not willing to spend anywhere near 5k+ on a player, but I do have a safe budget and am willing to pay extra for quality.

Please let me know what you all think and thanks in advance for your suggestions!!

Fred_Krampits

Stunt Coordinator
Marco:

I've owned a Pioneer DV-59AVi for a little over a month now. I think you'll find this player is everything you have already heard about it!

Do you have a Pioneer Elite iLink reciever to use the iLink with?

You have multiple options on playing music, I use either the iLink or the analog outputs. With analog you are using the players DACs, with iLink or digital you are using your receiver's DACs.

Lately people have been able to buy them from authorized dealers for under $1000 (US). For the quality you want it will be a decision you will not regret!

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Shoot man, for $600 ain't no player on the face of the planet that will come close. :) One other player that is usually compared to the 59AVi is the Denon 3910. But I think those are still going for around $1000.

The Pioneer is not perfect, but at its price point, it's a good combination of performance and reliability.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
the man has two players left and I will buy one if he still has one left in about a week. . .

I just bought new TV 55wf655/Subwoofer SVS PB12plus2/Speakers JBL/Elite 56 receiver and I am at 10K right now. Money is an issue but I will continue digging. . . Had I to do it over would I do it differently? Yes I would have put that 59Elite in the mix early on. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks