Pioneer Elite DV-47A Has 16x9 Compressed Mode

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stan T, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

I've had my new player for a couple of weeks now but wasn't aware of this function until tonight. I have a Pioneer Elite T.V. that locks into full mode when the DVD player is in progressive mode.

I was reading through the manual & saw the DVD player had a 16x9 compressed mode for non-anamorphic DVDs so you can use the progressive scan if your T.V. locks in full mode with a progessive signal.

I was watching "True Lies" & wasn't real impressed with the video in interlaced mode so I tried the 16x9 compressed mode with the progessive signal. Wow what a difference. It was hard to tell it wasn't an anamorphic DVD. It windowboxes the movie so it has black bars on all 4 sides. The bars on the side are alot smaller than the bars on the top & bottom. The picture is alot larger than if you watch non-anamorphic movies in 4x3 mode and it gives black bars on the side unlike the 4x3 mode. The picture quality is really good since you get to use the progessive scan.

This player never ceases to amaze me. The more I mess around with it the more I am amazed. Great video, DVD-audio, multi-channel SACD & MP3 playback.

2. Bob Segno

Bob Segno Agent

Stan, where did you buy your 47A? I'm very interested in buying one, but can't seem to find it anywhere. How about price?

3. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Bob I got mine from Soundpros.com online.

They have it for $750 with shipping included. They're great to deal with. I get all my Pioneer Elite equipment from them. Tell Scott & Gary that I sent you.