What's new

Pioneer Elite DV-47A : First Impressions (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Micahel, as far as I know the book-type package with the DIG DVD-A and CD is the only way it was sold.

Stan, Carol King's TAPESTRY is about a 1970-ish album....Fleetwood Mac is about a 1980-ish album. Fleetwood Mac ought to sound better. I don't have either, myself, on SACD. I bought both on Vinnyl originally and Carol King again on CD. I'm tired of buying them.

The older albums I have on SACD certainly show their age too. One of the '60's Miles Davis discs has static in a couple of places. Blood, Sweat & Tears (about 1968?) hardly has the sound quality of say Tower Of Power Live (1998), this despite TOP's album is live.

Just for sound quality, Joe Satriani's ENGINES OF CREATION is excetional. I like the album too, myself. the Vivino Brothers BLUES BAND multi-channel disc sounds great too wheather you play it stereo or M.C. It's on an audiophile label called DMP (Digital Music Products). It was recorded "live in the studio" with DSD recording equipment.

It sounds flawless, relatively.

Remember the disclaimer that used to be on alot of CD's, "...may reveal the limitations of the source tapes..." Best wishes guyz!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks