What's new

Pioneer Elite 55txi (1 Viewer)

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering some thoughts on this receiver...will it be a good match for paradigm monitor line? does it really put out 100W x 7? My other choice for receiver would be an HK? Which is better IYO? i have heard the HK but not the pioneer, but that will change soon...so i can't compare there, yet...

Thanks for the comments,
Mike

Drew_W

Screenwriter
H/K is in a transitional phase: the x25s are on the way out and the new x30s are on the way in. You might be well advised to see what the x30s are like when they are released, although you can probably get some amazing deals on the x25s now as they get cleared out.

I own an H/K 225 and the Elite 53TX, and I'm extremely happy with both. You'd really have to listen to them and compare for yourself. I don't know which H/K you're aiming towards, but it's probably the 525 or 7200 in the price range of the 55txi. Will your dealer let you test it in your own home environment? I've been offered a floor model to take home for a weekend to try it out at one dealer.

In any case, you'll find happy owners of both on this forum.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
H/K is in a transitional phase: the x25s are on the way out and the new x30s are on the way in. You might be well advised to see what the x30s are like when they are released, although you can probably get some amazing deals on the x25s now as they get cleared out.
Preliminary specs for the new H/K receivers will include:

- New appearance (but, does it look better ?)
- Firmware upgradable
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx
- A bit more power
- The release of a 6.1 receiver

But, along with all of those "goodies" means paying higher prices until the prices "adjust" a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks