What's new

Pioneer Elite 47a I am now on the waiting list for this Universal player (1 Viewer)

Rob Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
My local Elite dealer ordered 4 of them.

I am now #2 on his list. He thought it should be in around the first week of February.

MSRP is $1200, my price is $800 plus tax.

This is arriving in the US before I thought it might.

Anyone have any info on this unit, like what deinterlacer it uses?

The other specs on it look promising.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i don't suppose you can email me your dealers name. actually, it prolly doesn't matter since i'd have to mail order. know any reliable internet source for this piece of equipment. i don't have any elite dealers near me.

kevin t

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Rob, $800 is a great price for the '47A, especially through a brick-and-mortar store. Nice going. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: Did you have to negotiate for that price, do you "know someone" there, or was that their standard price? Just curious.

Rob Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
2.5 years ago I bought a $5100 TV from them, shortly after I bought some B&W speakers from them, then a Pioneer Elite VSX 27 TX receiver from them, then a Toshiba 2109, a year later I bought my Sennheiser HD600 headphones from them.

About 3 months ago I came in and bought an Elite CDP for my mother.

I end up in their store about once every 3 months just to look around. I almost never take up any of their time.

When I am ready to buy I am very specific on what I want. I ask for the exact make and model and request a price. They don't have to take their time to educate me, they know I'm up on the latest and all they have to do is provide me with a decent price.

All I did today was stop in, ask if they were going to get the 47a, and asked what they knew about it.

The owner was at the receptionist desk, and his reply was "it's the SHIT"!! He said they put in an order for 4.

What are you going to be selling them for?

"You'll have to talk to Darren (their main sales guy), hey Darren, the 47a?"

In comes Darren from the office section of the store.

"It is $1200 MSRP, and $1000 MAP."

How much for me? "let's see our cost is..(as he mentally tally's it) you can have it for $800!"

OK, put me on the list, and let me know when it comes in.

"Ok I was told it will ship at the end of January so we should have something for you by the first week of February."

That was it..no muss no fuss. I didn't even bother to counter.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Rob, I figured you knew someone. It's nice that the store "takes care of you", seeing how much you have bought from them. I guess I could expect to pay $1000 for the '47A. I've bought a few things from one local store (two pairs of speakers and a subwoofer crossover box), but probably not enough to get a good discount on the '47A. :frowning:

Rob Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
When I bought the head phones the owner told me he liked dealing with me because I took no time or energy from them.

I knew exactly the make and model # of the product I wanted.

I really think that is one reason I get a good discount.

I do listen to new stuff in their store occaisionally, but I always let them know I'm just passing a few minutes and if a real customer comes in to take care of them.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Keith,
I guarrentee you will be able to buy this player at many authorized places for $800.00 once it has saturated the market... You won't have to "know" anyone. I bet we make a call down south and get it for that ;)
UPDATE: Forget Oade Bros. on this piece. They aren't going to carry it. I just talked to Jim Oade. Bummmmmmmmmer, strike one. :frowning: :D
Ya know whats gonna be great? TOTAL bass management for the 8.1 analog inputs on the 49TX.. yeppers... hehehehehe
BTW, that review for the 49TX was in the Feb edition, got it yesterday, way cool!

Bob Segno

Agent
Rob, I'm very interested in the 47A. Have you found any info on it yet? Nothing on the Pioneer web site yet.

Rob Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Video:

108mhz/12bit video DAC

PureCinema Progressive Scan (2-3 pulldown)

Super-fine Focus Filter with 4:4:4 Video Upsampling

16 Video Parameter adjustments w/3 user memories (Progressive motion, PureCinema (on,off,auto) YNR,CNR,Mosquito NRBlock NR,Sharpeness high, Sharpness mid, Detail,White level,Black level, Gamma, Black setup,Hue,Chroma level, Chroma Delay)

3 factory video settings (CRT,PDP,proffessional)

Pioneer Exclusive Viterbi error correctionwith accurate digital servo for superior reading accuracy.

Still step play foreward/reverse

It did not say what deinterlacer chip it uses.

Audio:

DVD-A, SACD MC (1 bit), MP3, Twin-wave laser pickup for CD/video CD/CD-R/CD-RW

triple 192khz/24-bit (3x2) audio DAC's

Legato Pro conversion

Dolby Digital /DTS

Double layered chasis, removeable power cord.

Chip E

Screenwriter
John,
Will that bug you? lol... seriously, i think this chroma bug business is blown WAY outta proportion. My 9K has it (supposedly) but i don't see anything but a great picture. I'm buy'n this unit asap, sight unseen...yep, gotta have it. :D
ps. thanks for the pic's. :emoji_thumbsup:

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Stacey and Don have said on numerous occasions that some people are sensitive to the bug and others aren't.
You know, interestingly enough, Pioneer hasn't really said either way about the chroma flaw. They said it hadn't "specifically been addressed", which could mean it's there, or that it was repaired in a new MPEG decoder.
I'd think about this one as an audio only player for myself, and then just get a DVD-Video demon for films.
But I'll probably do things the hard way, and have 3 boxes ;)b
Regards,

J

John Morris

Will that bug you? lol... seriously,
Chip: Heck if I know? I have an RP-91 so it doesn't impact me. The last Pioneer DVD player I owned was a DV-05 and although I only had an analog RPTV at the time, it looked fine to me. So, please don't look to me for some opinion on the Chroma bug, I've never seen it. All I was doing was reporting what SMR said, for your info. I sure wish Panasonic would come out with an RP91 with SACD capability. Then I could probably sell my 555es and RP91 and come out ahead in the wallet, to say nothing about interconnects and 5.1 audio switching.:D

Rob Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
John,

I have the RP91 too, do you think (best guess here) that the 47a will have as good of video giving the "better on paper" video DAC's?

How do you think it will do for MC audio formats (again best guess)?

How do you think it will do for Redbook 2 channel?

Thanks for any insight you might have.

J

John Morris

Rob: Boy, all good questions... unfortunately, ones which I can't really answer. My guess, based on their previous player's audio and video performance, would be that yes, it will look and sound very nice. At that time, my DV-05 was one of the best sounding redbook CD players that I had heard, so I know Pioneer Elite knows how to make a disc player sound good. And, if the new 49-TX is any indication, Pioneer is serious about making their new Elite units some of the very best available. I guess we'll know for sure soon...

Rob Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
For deinterlacing in the DV-47A, Pioneer is using its Pure Cinema Progressive Scan Convertor PRO2. This is the same one as is used in the new Elite RPTVs. Perhaps owners of those sets could comment on its performance.

For an MPEG2 decoder, Pioneer is using the Mitsubishi M65774 VLSI. If anyone knows whether or not this has the red chroma bug, please post the info.

"The above was taken from a post at AVS forums."

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Wow, this unit sounds like a winner. Wish I didn't just get a new CDP :frowning: . OTOH, if I have any money within the next couple of months to swing a monitor upgrade (after just going broke on the audio side), it will need to be mated with a prog scan player, so...
BTW, I might be able to get as much as 25% off from my favorite dealer, although I don't know how much latitude he has with Elites; the prices he quoted me on a couple of the Elite RPTVs was less than his usual "deep discount" quotes. My angle with this dealer is that he views me as an out-of-area customer (60 miles).
Doug

Chip E

Screenwriter
" it looked fine to me. So, please don't look to me for some opinion on the Chroma bug, I've never seen it."
Hey, maybe i don't know what i'm looking at heh,heh. I don't wanna know.. "Ignorance is bliss" with them there varments as far as i'm concerned. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks